Earlier this week, on a prominent Mobile, Ala. morning drive show (Sean & Wayne, 106.5 WAVH), Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano made a pretty big gaffe during an interview. As it was wrapping up Napolitano wanted to pat herself on the back for working with Alabama officials on day one in responding to the Gulf oil spill. And while mentioning that she had met with Alabama officials including Gov. Haley Barbour. The problem – he’s governor of Mississippi.
Napolitano is no stranger when it comes to gaffe’s. She at one point claimed the 9/11 hijackers entered the country through Canada, and said, “If I knew what was meant by secure the border that would be one thing.”
While this isn’t the biggest deal, one wonders what might have happened had this been Michael Chertoff or Tom Ridge.
For the record the governor of Alabama is named Bob Riley. But could have been worse – at least Napolitano didn’t go on in Alabama and say “Hotty Toddy,” or “Go State.”
- Alabama GOP Sen. Sessions Drops the Boom: BP Not Too Big to Fail
- Common Sense Fail – Florida Lifeguard Tower ‘Needs’ Wheelchair Lift
- What the Hell is Wrong with CNN?
- Texas Governor Perry Lays the Smackdown on a Coyote
- This Week in California … Corrupt Government Officials Padding Salaries