Last night on the “Tonight Show”, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger responded to host Jay Leno’s question about the failure of Proposition 19, a measure on the California ballot to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. Schwarzenegger responded that the measure failed in part, because he had already decriminalized the use of less than 1 oz of pot, and also because, “No one cares if you smoke a joint.”
Clearly, Californians do care if their fellow citizens are lighting up – the measure to legalize pot-smoking statewide failed by a margin of 54%-46%. Proposition 19 was one of the hottest topics of the 2010 Congressional midterm elections, as its passage would have made California the first state to allow recreational use of marijuana for its citizens, statewide.
- Because They're Never Happy Californians Now Are Worried About Legalizing Marijuana
- A Great Way to Stop the Obama administration – Legalize Pot
- This Week in Mexifornia – Thousands Gather in Sacramento to Celebrate… Mexico’s Independence From Spain?
- Greg Gutfield on the Legalization of Marijuana: It’s My Choice to Make These Decisions
- Did California Unions Block Crucial Medication for Epileptic Children?